Last night I went to the Giant's – A's game at Pac Bell Park. It was a nice warm night, with very little wind in our seats. It was also a sort of crazy game. I got to see two things I have never seen before at a baseball game.
The coolest thing was a straight steal of home by Omar Visquel. The A's pitcher was paying all his attention to the runner on first, and Omar read it perfectly, and took off. The catcher stood up and actually waved to the pitcher to get his attention, but it was too late. It was a great play. Sadly, it was pretty much the sum total of the Giants offense that night.
The second noteworthy thing was that in the 8th inning as the Giants batted, the clock struck 10. Apparently somebody forgot to turn off the timer on the sprinklers when the Giants came home, and they all came on. All over the infield. It was pretty funny. I even got a couple good pictures of it.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010