A few gaming odds and ends for Friday:
- "Hooray! A XX! That's a critical hit on the Gaul, Gaius Maxiumus!" Were the Romans d20 gamers? It would appear so.
- Via Rock Paper Shotgun (a must-visit for any crpg fan), a cautionary tale: if you're going to rip off art from a game, don't make it a well-known and popular game with a huge online fan base. That's what Majestic Studios is finding out as it gets nailed for ripping off substantial art from Oblivion.
- Via Kotaku, an interview with the author of a book that looks fun for gamers: This Gaming Life, about the author's exploration of online gaming culture in London, Seoul, and Reykjavik.
- Finally, the new Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion looks promising, particularly the portions that allow full party customization (I don't care for in-party NPCs, a leftover of my days playing Wizardry) and fairly free exploration.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017