I've apologized for a lot of things. I am nearly certain saying "I'm sorry" isn't going to be nearly enough for Michael Mastromarino, the former oral surgeon from New Jersey that was behind a multi-million dollar scheme to loot hundreds of corpses for various parts.
The bodies, including that of "Masterpiece Theatre" host Alistair Cooke, were carved up without permission and were not medically screened. They were sold around the country for dental implants, knee and hip replacements and other procedures. About 10,000 people received tissue supplied by [Biomedical Tissue Services].
Last 5 posts by Mike
- "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not filmed." - December 30th, 2008
- The Revolution Will Be Facebooked - December 26th, 2008
- Confessions of a Closet WoW Addict - October 16th, 2008
- On the nature of accidents... - September 28th, 2008
- Cure for Pain - September 24th, 2008