Well, at least for one town in New Jersey.
"The anxiety of 'Do I go to church or do I take my kid to the soccer game?' is a weekly ordeal," said Mossa, a pastor at the Presbyterian Church of Whippany. "It's letting the team down versus letting God down."
In the history of children's sports, I am aware of only one group that was able to call a "cease fire" on Sunday games — it was a group of women protesting children's sporting events held on Mother's Day.
No offense Pastor Mossa, but I don't think your plan is going to work.
Last 5 posts by Mike
- "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not filmed." - December 30th, 2008
- The Revolution Will Be Facebooked - December 26th, 2008
- Confessions of a Closet WoW Addict - October 16th, 2008
- On the nature of accidents... - September 28th, 2008
- Cure for Pain - September 24th, 2008