Via Andrew Sullivan, I give you You've Been Left Behind, a site that allows you to arrange automatic emails to your loved ones, friends, and acquaintances when you get swept up by the Rapture. You're specifically encouraged to use your emails to try to convert them during the tribulation period, though as far as I can tell "nyeah nyeah nyeah" emails are not specifically prohibited. How will the company — presumably made up of devout people who will themselves be Raptured — arrange this? They've got that covered:
We have set up a system to send documents by the email, to the addresses you provide, 6 days after the "Rapture" of the Church. This occurs when 3 of our 5 team members scattered around the U.S fail to log in over a 3 day period. Another 3 days are given to fail safe any false triggering of the system.
The cost is $40 for the first year. In God We Trust; all others use PayPal.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017