Via Angry Asian Man, I learned about Project Michelle, which seeks to increase participation in the National Bone Marrow Donor Registry, particularly among minorities. The site and the drive was inspired by one patient — Michelle Maykin, a 26-year-old with acute myeloid leukemia who is looking for a donor match. But the effort will help many more who need donor matches by expanding the size of the registry. Apparently the national marrow donor registry is critically deficient for non-whites, making it much harder for them to find the donor match that could save their life.
Registering is easy — they'll send you a package with a cotton swab, and you just swab your mouth like on TV. Find out about it here. Please consider registering — especially if you are in one of the groups most needed.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017