So say you are building something you expect to last a long, long time. Pyramids! Mighty castles! Skyscrapers! A pond!
Wouldn't you want to leave some hidden message for the unimaginable future citizen who, your works having finally crumbled after eons, sifts through the rubble?
Yes. Yes, you would.
10th July 2003
To whom it may concern:
If you are reading this then I can only assume that you have removed the pond under which this note was buried.
I like to think that if we take down the pyramids to make room for better landscaping, the pharaoh's note will not be quite so snippy.
Spotted at Scalzi's Whatever.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017