Me: What did you do in school today?
Me: What's five minus three?
Me: Good. Now … what's two minus five?
Evan: Umm … minus three?
Me: Very good! Wow, I don't think I knew negative numbers in first grade.
Evan: They had negative numbers back then?
In a similar mode, not so long ago:
Me: Evan, when you are Bill's age [my cousin, starting grad school in his mid-twenties], I expect you to be supporting me.
Evan: Won't you be dead by then?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017