The Bar Association of San Francisco is holding an informational seminar titled "Don't Get Caught in the Doghouse: Effective Estate Planning for your Client's Animal Companions." Topics addressed include rational things like planning for the care of pets during a client's incapactity and insane things like pet trusts.
Yes, you can get an hour of continuing education credit to learn how you can help Mrs. Howell leave her house to Cuddles the Cat. If you can afford to leave your pet any money in a will, you officially have F-U money.
One of the amazing things about working for associations is seeing how lax the guidelines for continuing education are, and marveling at how inattentive the audience is. This really scared me when I worked with doctors. They would be sleeping, talking with each other, playing soitaire on their laptops, anything except learning about that new procedure that might save my life.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010