How does one end a relationship when the other person is relying on you? Where is the line between looking out for yourself and keeping the other person's situation in mind? I'm really struggling with these questions right now. She is already so stressed, and in a tough position, and yet, remaining in this position is definitely stressing me out. Why does doing the right thing for one's self so often feel like selfishness? And why am I so conflicted, not wanting to hurt someone I care about, but not wanting things to continue as they are?
I wish this series of rhetorical questions had made me feel any better about what I feel I need to do.
Sorry for the self indulgence, but I kind of wanted to get this out, and I am not willing to go so far as to listen to Morrissey and cut myself…
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010