In case you were wondering, Bill Johnson a.k.a. James O. Pace — the white supremacist who once advocated restricting American citizenship to whites — lost his election for a position as Los Angeles County Superior Court judge by about 50% yesterday. However, about 122,000 people still voted for him. I have to believe that 99% of them didn't know about his past. I have to believe that or I'll get too depressed. Of course, it's kind of depressing that they didn't educate themselves about the candidates if they were going to vote on that race, but that's a more familiar and banal type of depressing.
No wailing or gnashing of teeth on his Meetup page, where messages asking about his white supremacist past were ruthlessly deleted by moderators.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017