- Via io9, a list of 10 "Hard Sci-Fi" books, together with a good discussion of what makes "hard" vs. "soft" sci-fi and why it matters to afficianados.
- Via Shakesville, we learn that female personae in online games get treated differently than male personae — and a discussion of why. (This was a surprise only to someone who had never played an MMORPG.)
- Via Kotaku, I see that the Brainy Gamer is putting together a college-level seminar on computer role playing games. Discussion here, syllabus discussion here. Where was this when I had to meet my unit requirements?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017