Hmm. Work is underway on a show called Fringe, a filmed-in-Canada drama about an FBI unit that investigates weird shit. But wait! No David Duchovny sightings yet. i09 reports that it's supposed to be more in the style of Heroes than X-Files.
It would be interesting to see what they could do with this premise nowadays. It's far more common for primetime dramas to have story arcs that even span over seasons. Maybe they've gotten better at it — I always thought the long-term arcs were the weak point of X-Files.
Meanwhile, there's always Shadow Unit.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017