John Scalzi brings some high quality snark to bear in looking at the West Virginia returns.
Several days ago, various bloggers — both Clinton fanatics like Talk Left and more agnostic folks — were expressing anger that West Virginia was being portrayed by the media as, to be blunt, a backwards bigoted shithole. Some of the results, though, make it pretty clear that race was a major factor:
RACE, GENDER AS VOTING FACTORS
One in four Clinton voters and about one in 10 Obama voters said race was an important factor in their vote.
25% of Clinton's voters admitting that race was a major factor is huge, and troubling.
Let me be completely honest about something, though: I'm not particularly troubled by African-Americans voting for Obama based in part on his race. I'd be interested in a discussion of why.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017