Courtesy of The New York Times.
Author Dave Itzkoff wants you to know:
- That he lives somewhere near Houston Street;
- That he's so cool he feels no need to mention that it's pronounced Howston Street;
- That he got to play Grand Theft Auto IV days before you did;
- That Liberty City, where Grand Theft Auto IV is set, is based on New York;
- That Liberty City isn't actually New York;
- That he's being paid by the word;
- That whoever edits or accepts videogame reviews, or cultural pieces, at the Times wouldn't accept his story on the game;
- So it got published by the City editor;
- And did I mention that Dave Itzkoff gets paid by the word?
Honestly, whether as a game reviewer, as a travel writer, or as a city reporter, Itzkoff makes Shawn Elliott look like Tom Chick.