I read to my kids, though not as much as I'd like to and not as much as I should. It takes real attention to do it well — if you're tired, it's far to easy to lapse into monotone. Plus, though I can do different voices, I have trouble keeping them straight. Pretty soon all of the Berenstain Bears wind up sounding like they're mocking each other's accent. (Note that it's Berenstain Bears, which helps to explain why they have an Easter book out). Fortunately, today Geek Dad has resources for reading aloud. I'm glad to see I can bone up on hundreds of distinct British dialects.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017