36 years ago this month, the Magnavox Odyssey was first shown to confused suburbanites across America. While I didn't join the revolution until 1982 with the acquisition of an Atari 5200 (thanks Dad), I cannot help but marvel at this collection. The idea that the original Atari 2600 sold for $199 in 1977 and came with 9 games astounds me.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to hug my Xbox 360.
Last 5 posts by Mike
- "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not filmed." - December 30th, 2008
- The Revolution Will Be Facebooked - December 26th, 2008
- Confessions of a Closet WoW Addict - October 16th, 2008
- On the nature of accidents... - September 28th, 2008
- Cure for Pain - September 24th, 2008