Lots of people are, predictably, up in arms about Grand Theft Auto IV, which features a certain about of violence and sex. It takes an organization like MADD, though, to miss the point as spectacularly as this:
Each year nearly 13,500 people die in drunk driving crashes and another half a million are injured in alcohol-related traffic crashes. This is why MADD is extremely disappointed by the decision of the manufacturers of the game Grand Theft Auto IV to include a game module where players have to drive drunk.
Drunk driving is not a game and it is not a joke. Drunk driving is a choice, a violent crime and it is also 100 percent preventable.
So, faced with a game that permits and even encourages wholesale slaughter of criminals, cops, and innocents, not to mention whoring around and eviscerations of great swaths of the Penal Code, and you're singling it out for featuring drunk driving? Really? Because if you kid is taking any lessons from GTA IV, you oughta hope it's only drunk driving. It's hard to bust a cap accurately in a particular ass if you're drunk.
Can you run over animals in this game? Maybe we can get PETA into the mix.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017