Sebastopol, California had a good thing coming — an internet provider was going to wire the town for public Wi-Fi.
However, that company and the town council forgot a crucial truism: EVIL MIND CONTROL RAYS ARE HARMFUL TO CHILDREN AND OTHER LIVING THINGS.
The town council, faced with a petition, caved. Never mind that there is no scientific evidence that wireless networks cause harm. Never mind that Sebastopol — like any other modern town — is already criss-crossed with private networks emitting far more signals that a single public network would generate. The town caved — caved to people like this:
Others write about living without electricity, except for the brief period they are using their computer to write messages in support of the petition.
I hope that next time the town council brings up the quality of the local educational system, some one kicks them in the ass and reminds them they're sellouts to mindless Luddism.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017