Given my glee at the historical fun of 10,000BC, I greatly enjoyed this list Yahoo put together of the 10 most historically inaccurate movies. Good stuff here. Strange that Mel is involved in 3 of them, and Tom Cruise gets another one in. The list reminded me that I really need to see Apocalypto. Especially if Conquistadors show up as saviors!
This got me to thinking about what movies should be on this list (which should really be called the most inaccurate blockbusters, or something..) I would submit to you that the most historically inaccurate movie of all time was the Ringo Starr vehicle, Caveman. Although, I do give the film kudos for handing out a sheet of paper at the screening that defined the language of ancient man. That is some impressive research!
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010