Say you send a resume to a firm that has placed an advertisement for associates on your law school's alumni network.
Say within a day you get an email from a name partner at the firm thanking your for your application and asking for, among other things, a writing sample.
You may want to consider whether it is appropriate to (1) employ capitalization in your response and (2) if possible? avoid? odd and post-Valley-Girl punctuation? If you know that I mean?
I am aware that this post marks me as (1) The Man, (2) grumpy, (3) old, and (4) hopelessly out of step with e-culture, under which within a few decades appellate briefs will be submitted to the highest courts in the land under subject headings like OMGHI2U!
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017