It's time for Waste Your Friday Afternoon, that Popehat feature in which we assist you in abandoning the pretense that you will get anything done today after lunch. Today's entry is a hot little number I learned of from the forums at Octopus Overlords — Hulu, which lets you watch TV on your computer.
Usually when I encounter a site that lets me watch TV on my computer, I am faced with (1) a really shitty collection of things to watch, (2) endless advertisements, (3) choppy video, (4) annoying registration, and (5) an indecipherable interface. Hulu has none of these things, at least as of now. Yesterday I watched two episodes of this season of 30 Rock — it also offered me a large number of "best of" clips. It's also got clips of movies. I can't say it has every show I want, but I saw The Simpsons, Family Guy, 30 Rock, Firefly, Law and Order, and ER. It's also got a wealth of old shows. Buck Rogers FTW!
I have no idea how their economic model works. I have no idea what will happen when too many people find out about it. I have no idea if they have just pirated all this stuff and the video feed will shut down when the jack-booted thugs kick in their doors. So enjoy it while you can.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017