Verily every social group has its own Thunderdome. For lawyers it is the courtroom, for surgeons the operating room, for political figures it is increasingly at awkward press conferences under the I'm-going-to-make-the-rest-of-your-life-miserable gaze of once-adoring wives.
For geeks — that is, people with obsessive interests in obscure topics — it is Wikipedia.
Via Pandagon, I discovered this hilarious Onion A.V. Club article about contentious Wikipedia pages. Read it, and weigh in on the burning issue of whether it is appropriate to call Speedy Gonzalez's accent "stereotypical" or "comedic" or "inauthentic."
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017