Presley, who is pregnant, alleges in a suit filed at London's High Court on Friday that the story in Britain's Daily Mail was slanderous and degrading.
Look, Lisa Marie, you might want to rethink your strategy here. England's totally ludicrous libel law aside, suing tabloids for calling you fat is not the way to stop people from calling you fat. That's the way to make your weight the butt, if you will pardon the expression, of every late-night talk-show host for the next six months, not to mention all of the English tabloids. I get called fat all the time, albeit not by publications that run topless girls on the third page. I don't react by flipping out because that just results in the people, some of whom are related to me, ratcheting it up. Ignore them and they'll wander off dumbly agape the next time a pretty white girl gets lost or someone famous dumps somebody or something.
Besides, let's face it, you are not the ideal libel plaintiff. How exactly does one harm the reputation of someone who (1) is the daughter of Elvis Presley, who ate, humped,and snorted his way into a morbidly obese death on the shitter, (2) was married to both Nicholas Cage for approximately a nanosecond and to Michael Jackson for longer than is justifiable absent a story involving electroshock or basement wall-mounted restraints, and (3) is known primarily for being known for being known for such things?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017