Geek lust, that is. Specifically, geek lust for the new 32 Gig iPod Touch. A guy on the flight to Miami had one and was watching movies on it. It made me with my pathetic 5G iPod video feel like the guy who brings a flintlock rifle to a gunfight. The interface looks terrifically cool and (with the latest upgrades) customizable, and the screen is significantly bigger. Plus, 32 gigs is pretty decent. Right now I've got only 20 Gigs on my 80 Gig iPod video — that's about 3000 songs (which is close to my entire music collection) and about 19 hour-long videos, which is plenty for most trips. I could probably fit another 20 hours of video on there for longer trips.
But it's too damn expensive. So talk me out of it, please.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017