Moderation, in the sense that I had only 3 mojitos and then two rum and cokes after our party ran out of mint (scandal!). Having slept only two hours last night (alcohol and a very noisy street-side room) I am making an early night of it. Our firm party went well. Everyone was amazed that we brought all ten attorneys, including associates, to Miami for the conference. I think the associates had fun. I now have to be concerned about such things, rather than solely about my own pleasures. Hmph.
Today: The mortgage fraud lecture was excellent. Expect many, many prosecutions of mortgage fraud as the executive branch is pressured to appear to be doing something. Internal investigation presentation also excellent. We were asked to do an internal investigation for a multinational recently, including a trip to Karachi. Nearly convinced wife that Karachi is in Canada, but ultimately was unsuccessful.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017