Gary Gygax has died. And how cool is it that the Chronicle has it on the front page of their website?
D&D is certainly not the best role-playing game out there, but it blazed the trail, and I really think that without it, we wouldn't be seeing the current boom of story games (which, admittedly bear little or no resemblance to good old D&D.)
I was randomly lucky enough to make a pilgrimage to the TSR offices in Lake Geneva when I was coming home from college one year. It was funny to me how many of my dreams and fantasies came out of a warehouse-y building in a depressing office park.
Good gaming Gary!
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010