Believe in them or not, conspiracy theories are fun. If you believe in them, they're fun because you can imagine that you are part of an insightful few who are clear-eyed enough to see through the propaganda to the hard truth. Like Fox Mulder, only more likely to have donated heavily to Ron Paul whilst in your underwear. If you are a skeptic, they're fun because you can rejoice in being a skeptic.
In that vein, waste some of your Friday afternoon with wikipedia's page listing conspiracy theories. (I know several people who would blow a gasket over the notion that Peak Oil is itself a Big Oil Conspiracy.)
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017