I'm reading a really fascinating book right now, The World Without Us. It is a thought exercise in what would happen to the world if mankind suddenly disappeared. Really interesting stuff (like how quickly most houses would decompose..) and pretty well written. Still, everyonce in awhile, the author gets a little too excited, and comes off like that Chem teacher you had who tried to show you science was cool by blowing things up. His literary version of blowing things up is to use some embarrassing prose like:
"..Old world invaders not only forced themselves on hapless women of vanquished new lands, but broadcast other kinds of seed, beginning with wheat, barley, and rye."
Oooh. He said seed!
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010