By now you are all used to my proselytizing for the movie Once, truly one of the best little movies I have ever seen. Well, it just won an Oscar for best song (happily beating 3 pieces of Disney treacle) and for some reason I was overcome. As Glen Hansard gave a wonderfully human and non-posed little speech (I love his Irish "Tanks") I found myself tearing up.
Then they let Marketa come back and say her thanks. It was a beautiful moment.
Given that I didn't play basketball today, I think I need to go play a violent videogame or something to recalibrate my manliness.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010