The NYT hit piece on McCain I discuss in my last post is embarrassing. But are bad things being written about Obama as well? Oh, you'd better believe it. One of the most impressive so far: this bit at the National Review by Lisa Schiffren, which suggests that the fact that Obama's parents were an interracial couple suggests that they were communists. It's breathtakingly, incandescently nutty — so bad that it's good. Schiffren riffs off of another post that, while it makes a good effort, is not as nutty as hers — this bit over at Accuracy In Media speculating that a black poet named "Frank" who mentored Obama in high school must be Frank Davis, a (gasp!) member of the Communist Party. AIM quotes Davis' dastardly agenda:
Takara says that Davis "espoused freedom, radicalism, solidarity, labor unions, due process, peace, affirmative action, civil rights, Negro History week, and true Democracy to fight imperialism, colonialism, and white supremacy. He urged coalition politics."
In America? Horrors!
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017