We got a resume this week from someone seeking a summer associate position. Along with his resume and a cover letter, he sent a six-inch purple plastic ruler. The ruler, which looks like something that a second-grader might keep in one of the pockets of his Trapper Keeper, is stamped with his name and the slogan "See how I measure up at [web site]." I was relieved to discover this was only his personal web site and that he had not paid some marketing service to do this.
There is such a thing as too much effort.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017