One of the primary benefits of forging social norms is the opportunity to enjoy watching other people breach them in spectacular fashion.
In that spirit, I invite you to waste your Friday afternoon at Etiquette Hell, an archive of tales of revolting human behavior, most often in the context of etiquette minefields like weddings. The stories range from the banal to the horrific. Start with the Faux Pas of the Year and work your way from there. My favorites are the one where it is the storyteller, not the subject of the story, who is the jackass, a point brought out with aplomb by the site's curator of crassness.
They have a forum as well. But you ought to behave there. I'm just sayin'.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017