This probably won't be much of a shock to you, but I'm not a fan of the site Little Green Footballs. Enough said.
However, even political opponents can agree on some things — such as the absurd black humor presented by really primo propaganda.
In this case, the propaganda is the Hamas kids' show Pioneers of Tomorrow. In a series of clips posted at LGF, recurring character Nahoul, a giant bumblebee with human parents (I'm guessing they adopted him; otherwise it could not have been an easy delivery), dies of some unspecified disease when Israeli blockades prevent him from seeking medical assistance. The moment where Nahoul's grieving father pounds on his chest — well, his thorax — to try to restart his heart is one of those I'm-not-supposed-to-laugh-at-this moments. Nahoul is replaced by Assud, an apparent sibling, who is a giant pink Easter Bunny, albeit an Easter Bunny who admits to eating Jews. Assud is upset by Nahoul's absence and, with the shrewdness that rabits are known for, not persuaded by his parents that Nahoul has merely gone for a walk. Assud soon joins the phenomenonally creepy little-girl host of the show to discuss retaking the Al-Aksa mosque.
Suddenly, Barney no longer seems quite so grim.
Edit: I had forgotten that Nahoul the Bee replacedFarfour Mouse, whose most dangerous enemies were probably not Israeli soldiers but Disney Corporation lawyers. Farfour was martyred last season.
Needless to say, I am not endorsing LGF or its comments by this link.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017