Via Voloh, enjoy this hilarious 6th Circuit opinion telling the tale of how four drug-addled college students botched a planned heist of rare books from a college library. The kicker – because their appeal fails and the government's cross-appeal (which the government would not have bothered to bring had they not appealed) succeeded, they will now probably get a longer sentence.
Note that the fightin' 6th agrees that they should get the use-of-weapons enhancement, even though the weapon in question was a "stun pen" powered by two AAA batteries that produced what the victim librarian described as "tingling" and "buzzing." It's damn hard not to get that enhancement, as several of my clients have discovered.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017