I have offended, so the crack team of Mississippi Republican legislators — no doubt staunch sex toy foes — now wants to starve me out:
Any food establishment to which this section applies shall not be allowed to serve food to any person who is obese, based on criteria prescribed by the State Department of Health after consultation with the Mississippi Council on Obesity Prevention and Management established under Section 41-101-1 or its successor.
If passed (and no, I'm not suggesting that is a risk), it would apparently ban serving people with BMI of 30 or above.
(This is probably offered to draw attention to obesity. I'm not a fan of proposing frivolous or thuggish laws to get attention).
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017