The government of the City of Berkeley doesn't care what anyone thinks of it. Either that, or it cares desparately, and is so pathologically terrified of being made fun of that its entire modus operandi is preempting satire.
Case in point, courtesy of the Volokh Conspiracy:
- The Berkeley City Council has passed a resolution to demonstrate their distaste for the Marines, giving Code Pink a parking space in front of the recruiting center and announcing that the marines are "not welcome in the city, and if recruiters choose to stay, they do so as uninvited and unwelcome intruders."
- The Berkeley City Council will likely consider a ballot measure proposed by Code Pink to treat military recruitment centers like adult businesses by forbidding their presence within a certain distance of a variety of facilities like homes, schools, and churches.
Occasionally Jonah Goldberg's views begin to sound sensible.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017