For Christmas, my brother and I got my Mom a new laptop. She asked me how it would affect her blog. Little did I know that since she moved to Belgium in 2006 she has been writing an ongoing blog about her life and her work. My Mom & Step-Dad work in the niche animation industry. My Step-Dad composes music for films, and often performs them live. My Mom is a tireless schmoozer and producer who keeps their name out there. The blog is a weird combination of travelog, inside baseball talk about the animation world, and paean to the run-on sentence (hello Gregor Mendel!) I find it an interesting read, and chock full of bizarre pictures of random European scenes, and artists.
Funny that I didn't find out about it until it showed up in her email sig the other day. I wonder what else she has been keeping from me?
I'm still a little bummed to learn that she writes more than I do, but still, I think it's worth a look.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010