I heard about this on the radio today and it blew me away: inventors have developed software for a Nokia cell phone that allows the phone to be used as a handheld document reader, allowing the blind to read everything from currency to books with the camera on a cell phone. On the radio the guy did a demonstration of it, using it to distinguish a ten from a twenty from his wallet, and then to read text from a book. The computer-generated voice was a little annoying, but the devil is always in the details.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017