It's time for the Winding Road to Popehat, one of my favorite features, in which we discuss the bizarre ways some of you get here and what it says about your suitability to participate in polite society.
In the last month, here are some of the searches you have used to get here:
- "huckabee freemason", and variations thereon (90+ hits): Man, somebody is pushing this one on the militia sites something fierce. I wonder who started the rumor? Romney?
- "what is mitt romney central argument in speech 'faith in america'": The internet — doing your homework since 1995.
- "american geeks": Not a bad idea for an alternate name.
- "derivation of mitt": That really sounds like the title of a book that Oprah would push, doesn't it?
- "erin grey photos": Nothing like a healthy respect for the classics.
- "explain to kids the third commandment": "Look, godammit…."
- "facts about baroc o'bama": I hear he's black Irish.
- "gore vidal and politics and ugly": Now that's just unkind.
- "how did a slave get the name of barak obama": I'm pretty sure this person is the same one who is so upset about Huckabee being a freemason.
- "kill all non-gamers": Playing into Jack Thompson's expectations, I see.
- "make ugly people games": I'm pretty sure that's World of Warcraft's niche.
- "meaning of bunny": Bunny is unknowable.
- "obama's refusal to salute the flag": The internet: making propaganda more effective since 1995.
- "oliver ruined the Brady Bunch": So true. That little shit.
- "realistic ugly people": I think I'm a pessimist, actually.
- "really really really ugly people": WTF. Is this some sort of fetish I didn't know about?
- "ronpaul cookbooks": "That book! 'To Serve Man!' IT'S A COOKBOOK!!! And it says the aliens don't support the gold standard!"
- "ugly people make up games": Okay, this is getting as pervasive and freakish as the penguin thing was.
- "ugly people vote": ENOUGH!
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017