If you are a white Mormon former Massachusetts governor who is so patrician he makes Joseph Kennedy look like a cast member of Hee Haw, how might you attempt to ingratiate yourself with the African-American demographic at a campaign event on Martin Luther King Jr. Day?
Well, if you are Mitt Romney, like this:
Just like his dad, here's Mitt Romney marching in a Martin Luther King Day parade in Jacksonville, Florida. And just like his dad, here's Mitt quoting a line from the Baha Men, wondering jovially and entirely without context: "Who let the dogs out?" Followed up with an enthusiastically- barked "Whoo! Whoo!"
It was only with heroic effort that aides were able to persuade Romney not to lead with "can a nigga get a nomination?"
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017