When I was but an mawkish adolescent (as opposed to a mawkish near-middle-aged fellow), Cracked magazine was a strictly third-rate pretender to the Mad throne, lacking the quality or diversity of art or the edgier and even occasionally literate humor. But even poorly drawn fart jokes and cleavage is better than nothing, so I read it.
Not too long ago I was surprised to see that Cracked survives in web form. I was even more surprised to see that some of the work there is actually quite funny in the geeky, profane, mock-sophisticate-mock-shock way that internet humor tends to be. Check it out. Now, there's no question that the quality is inconsistent. But there are diamonds in the rough. The list posts (such as the recent Six most disturbing medication side effects tend to be good. I also enjoy the Craptions, winners of picture caption contests, some of which are brilliant. Enjoy.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017