Today, driving past the Music Center on the way to work, I saw a gigantic truck backing into the loading dock. Someone had spray-painted "OTELLO 3" in huge letters on the side.
Now, I've been too busy to review the L.A. Opera's schedule for the year, so I wasn't sure whether that meant it was merely the third truck full of Otello scenery and props (you have no idea how many spare handkerchiefs they go through) or whether there was a sequel of which I was unaware. Or maybe it's a Lucasian prequel, in which Iago starts as a charming little boy with a sunny attitude. The music would be by, I don't know, Elton John or somebody. "I hate Venetian canal water. It's stinky and slimy and gets everywhere. Not like you."
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017