David, a member of this blog, has recently launched what (to damn it with faint praise) appears to be a considerably more literate site than this one: Baroque Potion. There he brings his art history background to bear to considerable effect, posting his thoughts about art and other highfalutin' topics. I've already enjoyed his entries a great deal (especially the one linking an unflattering Hillary Clinton photo to concepts of ancient Roman portraiture), even though my lips started moving as I read halfway through and I have to ask for help on the more academicy phrases like "texts and contexts" from an associate who wears black a lot.
Congrats and good luck to David, and a big recommendation from me for his site for when you are in the mood for a serious and thoughtful read. You never know, if you ask him to talk about the meaning of a particular artistic work of quality, he might even respond. Hint to Ezra: not Thomas Kinkaide. Hint to Derrick: no anime. Hint to Patrick: no black velvet.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017