Yesterday, I was put in the entertaining but slightly uncomfortable position of being the emcee and one of the speakers at a meeting we put on for new lawyers. Needless to say, after 3 days on the job, I was already an expert and ready to answer all of their questions. I can only imagine how it looked to them, having a dorky white guy standing in front of them sweating, and not recalling more facts than Oliver North. At this same meeting, I was introducing a few co-workers who were going to talk about their jobs. I mispronounced 2 of their names, and gave one a promotion to director.
At least I got a laugh on purpose, when (in a vain attempt to end the judge's panel before it went any more over time) I asked the judges if I could "approach the bench."
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010