So a celebrity of sorts takes her second DUI fall, gets a 180 day sentence in county jail, butgets out in 18 days.
Anticipated level of outrage by the she-should-serve-the-full-sentence contingent: high.
Percentage of the she-should-serve-the-full-sentence contingent who want to pay taxes sufficient to assure truth in sentencing on state and local level: low, very very low.
10% of the time in L.A. County is about what I would have predicted to a client. Personally, as I said when Jack Bauer was forced to fight terrorism from Glendale City Jail, I'd take the full sentence in a safe city jail over 10% of the time in County, which is a hellhole so freakishly vile it would make Hieronymous Bosch shit himself and turn to painting pictures of cavorting puppies.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017