Where can you see humanity at its worse? Is it in war? Klan meetings? Telemarketer conventions?
No, those in the know would tell you that you see humanity at its worse when humanity goes shopping. I've always agreed with Dave Barry — a person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. It seems that there are multitudes of not-nice people out there. Maybe you've been one on occasion — I sure have. But most of us possess the bare minimum social skills and rudimentary empathy not to drive up the blood pressure of the pool souls working the customer service sector.
How bad is it? Far worse than you can imagine. If you want to get a taste, visit the forums at Customers Suck and enjoy the vivid, horrifying stories of customer inhumanity and idiocy told by jaded, cynical, vulgar, and entirely justifiably bitter veterans of customer service.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017