Alberto Fujimori, ex-president of Peru currently on trial for at least 2 massacres perpetrated by death squads organized by his government, wants the victims families to know that their losses "hurt his soul." He is really sorry that his government systematically killed dissidents, and that he gave amnesty to human rights violators in 1995. He also wants everyone to know that "There was no policy of human rights violations, but rather, one of pacification…"
That last sentence is pretty darn chilling.
This makes me wonder how much evil one person can do, and still expect an apology to do any good.
So, Brian, sorry I drove all your posts off the front page. It hurt my soul.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010