It's time for Waste Your Friday Afternoon, the Popehat feature that helps you fritter away time that you might have spent more productively. Maybe. If your internet connection were down, or something.
Today's timekiller isOnslaught, a web-based game. Onslaught is a refinement of a defense-style game that's been popular over the last year or so. They all share the same features: you've got hordes of bad guys coming at you through some sort of path, and you play by buying gun emplacements. The strategy comes in which emplacements you buy, where you place them, and how you upgrade them. It's simple and remarkably addictive. Onslaught is at the peak of the genre, with tons of map options, lots of upgrades, and resulting strategic depth. Make sure to check out the instruction page to learn about combos — when you place guns in certain combinations, they give you special defenses once upgraded. Have fun.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017