You know how some days you can start reading something on the internet towards the end of eating your lunch at your desk, and before you know it, the entire afternoon has passed and it's time to leave?
Starting today, Popehat will offer you an opportunity to waste every Friday afternoon like that. I'll be posting links to caches of information — informative, scary, or funny — that you may not have read before. Beware. These will sound the death-knell of your productive day.
Today's entry isSomething Awful's "Fashion SWAT" feature. Take Joan and Melissa Rivers sniping from the edge of the red carpet, throw in some Wayne and Garth, add a large dash of Dennis Miller, and you've got the idea — relentless mocking of new and old instances of bad fashion that is simultaneously juvenile and literate. Each edition takes a single source or subject (for instance, an old catalog or a series of pictures of people with tattoos) and then reprints two of the Something Awful misfits doing the dozens and riffing on the photos. Sounds ridiculous, but often choke-on-your-spittle hilarious. Watch for obscure cultural references and even recurring characters (such as Paul, the plucky limbless fashion model). My favorites are the tattoo one and the comics one.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017